Certificates of Deposit (CD's) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's) are some of the most secure interest bearing products for a long-term savings plan, and offer a guaranteed return. We offer competitive rates and would love to be a part of your savings portfolio.
Certificates of Deposit
Certificates of Deposit are available in maturities ranging from 90 days to 60 months. Minimum deposit requirements are $500. Interest can be compounded and added back to the CD, paid by check or deposited to your account with us.
Interest rates paid and the annual percentage yield on CDs may vary. Additional information such as interest rates and early withdrawal penalties may be obtained by contacting the SASB at (785) 374-4231 or by coming in and visiting with us.
|*Yield refers to Annual Percentage Yield. New deposits only. Early withdrawal penalty. Personal accounts only. Minimum deposit of $500 to receive interest. Rates compounded quarterly. Certificates of Deposit must not to
exceed $250,000. All rates are effective May 15, 2020, and change without notice. Deposits are insured to $250,000 by FDIC.
- Must have earned income and not have reached age 70 1/2 by the end of the year
- Tax-deferred until withdrawal
- Contributions up to the limit are tax deductible if you are not an active participant in a retirement plan. Otherwise phaseout rules apply
- Required distributions must begin by April following year participant turns 70 1/2
- Contributions are not allowed after age of 70 1/2
- Must have earned income
- No age restrictions
- Earnings grow tax-free
- Not tax deductible
- Required distributions only after the death of the participant
- Contributions are allowed after age 70 1/2